Capri is an island located in Italy’s Bay of Naples. There is nothing common about this island, the way I would describe it is simply a quaint town that exudes extravagance. It is a place that I would go every summer if I have the chance- just for the hand made sandals! It’s sandals heaven! Not only that, (although it is the main reason) the island is just so charming and the people are so friendly.
Here are my top 9 things to do when you are in the island.
9 Things to do:
- Faraglioni Rocks: There are 2 ways to see these iconic rocks- firstly by boat and secondly on Belvedere Tragara located outside Punta Tragara Hotel.
- Boat tour- This is a must! Capri is a place that must be seen from the sea.
3. Blue Grotto- This is probably the most fascinating wonder ever! The beautiful reflection of the sunlight into the caves create this amazing blue colour that lights up the cave.
4. Explore Capri town
5. Get your customised handmade sandals- every girl’s dream! I got 2 pairs and love them! They are fitted perfectly to your feet and are just so comfy!
6 .Explore Anacapri- a town located higher than the main Capri town. It offers a stunning view of the island. There are also many villa to visit- one to visit is Villa San Michele.
7. Dine at Da Paolino Restaurant (aka the lemon restaurant)- The restaurant is so beautiful with lemons hanging literally. It is a must visit!
(Note: You will have to take a 10 mins. taxi ride from the main square to the restaurant.)
8. Swim in the clear sea- It is a stone beach so perhaps it is wise to wear your flip flops in!
9. Visit Carthusia perfumery- The scent of Capri can be found here.
Other things to do:
Anema E Core- Great place for live music at night
Ristorante Villa Verde- The avocado-crab salad is to die for!
Pulalli Wine Bar- Make sure you order the lemon risotto!
Where to Stay:
Grand Hotel Quisisana– The location is amazing, right at the centre of everything! There is a restaurant right at the entrance of the hotel which is a great place to dine and people watch.
- You can only get to Capri by boat. The nearest airport is Naples. It takes approximately an hour to get from Naples to Capri.
- Wear comfortable flat shoes.
- Take the funicular (monorail) from the Marina to Capri.
- There are porter services to take your luggages from the port to your hotel for a fee. As Capri is a walking town, it is wise to invest in this service especially if your have big luggages.